Greifswald – 16th June 2021 – CHEPLAPHARM invests in a portfolio for the treatment of various infectious diseases from Astellas
With the aim for maximum diversification, CHEPLAPHARM signed the contracts for an investment in a portfolio of five branded products focused on the treatment of various infectious diseases. The products Flemoxin®, Unidox®, De Nol®, Suprax®, and Orbenine® are mainly marketed in Russia, Ukraine and CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) and are currently owned by Astellas.
- Flemoxin® with the active ingredient Amoxicillin is a bacterial antibiotic mainly focused on acute respiratory infections, gastric infections as well as urogenital infections.
- Unidox® contains the active ingredient Doxycycline and is a bacteriostatic antibiotic, focused on healing infections, mild community pneumonia, acne vulgaris and chronic bronchitis.
- De Nol® (Colloidal Bismuth subcitrate) is an original gastro protector with antibacterial effect on H. pylori.
- Suprax® is a cephalosporin antibiotic which inhibits the cell wall synthesis of various bacteria. Cefixime, the active ingredient, has high affinity for penicillin-binding proteins and prevents cross-linking reaction.
- Orbenine® with the active ingredient Cloxacillin is a narrow-spectrum antibiotic of the isoxazolyl penicillin group, focused on the healing of infections caused by gram-positive organisms (except MRSA and MRSE), including infections caused by beta-lactamase producing staphylococci.
After closing of the investment, which is scheduled for September 2021 (tentative), CHEPLAPHARM will take over the marketing authorizations for the products in close collaboration with Astellas in order to ensure continuity of supply for these key medicines for patients.
In addition to portfolio diversification, this investment also brings significant strategic benefits through strengthening CHEPLAPHARM’s geographic diversification, in particular enhancing the footprint in Russia, Ukraine and the CIS region.